This will be a crash course on how to make your own MOOC (Massive Open Online Course).
When discussing this course on twitter, utilize #howtomakeamooc
This section will orient you to navigating the various available resources to be found in this course.
- What is a MOOC?
This section will include various resources from around the internet discussing what the pieces of the puzzle are that make up a MOOC
- A brief history of MOOCs
This section will discuss some of the origins of what today are called MOOCs and where they came from.
- Why would I want to make a MOOC?
This section will briefly discuss some of the possible motivations for making a MOOC.
- How do I make a MOOC?
This section will be the core of this course and will involve brief examinations of some of the technologies available to make a public MOOC
- MOOCs and College Credit
This section will discuss present trends towards credits and MOOCs.
- What does someone get out of taking a MOOC?
This section will explore the benefits of MOOCs
- Criticisms of MOOCs
This section will explore some possible criticisms of MOOCs
- Unthinkable technophilia
- What's the "problem" with MOOCs
- What can we learn from Coursera's "MOOC Mess"
- Grading the MOOC University
- Sustainability and MOOCs
- The Darker Side of MOOCs
- What can MOOCs teach us about learning?
- An Open Letter to Professor Michael Sandel From the Philosophy Department at San Jose State U.
- Coursera's Contractual Elitism
- Coursera Jumps the Shark
- The Discussion Forum is Dead; Long Live the Discussion Forum - See more at: http://www.hybridpedagogy.com/Journal/files/Discussion_Forum_is_Dead.html#sthash.jbaZOGjU.dpuf
You should probably be willing to spend some time watching videos, reading articles and .pdfs as well as commenting on discussion boards
Materials will come from all across the internet, but I'll be hosting some short videos of my own on YouTube, sharing Google Docs and linking to websites and news articles that are helpful.
I am a Visiting Assistant Professor at the University of South Florida and have taught a MOOC.